NIX Blogging

This Blog its all About Me

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pocket Putty For Windows Mobile


Every Administrator needs to manage their Servers, well yesterday I was looking for something that can remote my servers. After set up my GPRS couple days ago, I was urging to find this “remote” thing.

Then GOOGLE is the right answer to search the “remote” thing for me. Here are the keywords that I was looking “putty windows mobile”, and google found something like this http://www.svpocketpc.com/reviews/pocketputty/PocketPuTTY.html . Well ok, that was a nice start, after reading and trying to download it, the site redirecting me to the http://www.pocketputty.net/download.html . Im so thrilled while in my mind I said , “Wow thats great, finally I can remote my server from anywhere and anytime”. I chose PocketPutty 0.1 for Windows Mobile 2003. The site give a zip extension, so you need to unzip it before using it. And copy the .exe to the Windows Mobile (which I'm using WM 2003 SE).

Tested it, and it run fine. But, I found some trouble with the connection thing. I tried to SSH-ing my web server, which needed internet connection. So I thought that Putty would ask me what connection I should use. Well, because I was so frustrated, so I connected my GPRS phone thru the web browser. And then I resumed to remote my server, after input my server's IP then I click OK. And my server ask me to receive RSA key, I tapped yes. And....voilla, “I'm in !!”. I got connected, after checking and viewing what was the problem with this thing. I realized that the type pad blocking my console screen, the screen didn't resize as the way it supposed to. Well, that's another bug to fix.

But, most of it I thank personally to all the Pocket Putty Team. They made it !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home